Originally built in 1832, 34 & 36 as private houses, it was then converted into a hotel in the 1930s by Mr W.D. Gibbs. Since 1985 the hotel has been owned and operated by Mr and Mrs Reynolds, over which time there has been a continual program of upgrade and refurbishment to ensure high levels of comfort are offered. Every effort is made to ensure you feel relaxed and at home. We have kept true to our Georgian roots but added a contemporary twist.
Two of the Georgian buildings are linked together by a glass walkway, which houses a Black Hamburg grape vine which is over 75 years old. It produces sweet black grapes which are often used as an accompaniment to our excellent Norfolk cheese selection.
Walsten House contains 6 standard doubles and 2 executive doubles with spa baths. The Coach House consists of 4 executive doubles all with walk in showers.
Our Garden House is a self contained building containing a small kitchenette, lounge and dining area on the ground floor and a double room with a walk in shower en-suite upstairs.
All 31 bedrooms are warmly furnished to provide a high degree of comfort. Hairdryer, hospitality tray, flat screen free-view TV, DVD player and dressing gown are standard. Iron & Board are available upon request from reception.
Our communal areas consist of a well stocked bar, comfortable lounge, conservatory restaurant and a small garden (which is a beautiful suntrap in the warmer months!)
Complimentary high speed WiFi is available throughout the whole hotel.
We also have an EV charging point located in our car park, which is free of charge for our guests.
We have plans in place to install two more charging points this year.